Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fixed Photo Adventure










Last sunday, I spent the day with a gang of teenagers obsessed with "fixie"s. Single speed, no brakes, balls out bike enthusiasts who want nothing more than a stretch of road to mash(speed down) or a curb to trick. I decided that it had been to long since I had got down with the local boys to shoot the teen throttle. I wanted to begin a series that took an inside look into the lifestyle of local teenagers who have passions of their own that revolve around bikes, music, and brotherhood. I didn't have any idea how grueling 25 miles on a fixed gear could be. The photo session was funded with skin of my backside, but I got what I think is a good beginning to a vibrant series. I plan to do a couple more rides and plan on shooting the boys rehearsing music in their make-shift practice spaces.

There bike club is the first fixed gear bike club in Long Beach. I helped them establish outreach to the community by creating a blog for "Ride Long Beach". Here is their link- http://wilsonridelb.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment