Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chalk Talk






I spent 12 hours in front of a chalk board to attempt to create an animated sequence to attach to a phrase for an experiment in motion. The idea was to use the chalkboard as a background to visually attach it to a schoolroom to make light of it. Because I am not known for my sketching skills, the rudimentary renderings lent themself well to the idea of a childlike message.

The treatment of the visual story was designed to create a feeling of the noir genre. The story will seem like a sort of french crime thriller that turns into a zombie movie all drawn as simple as possible. The phrase I am working with is- "Guns don't kill people, zombies kill people."

I will be working on this for the next couple of weeks. I will link it to the blog when it is completed, but here are a few stills.

No comments:

Post a Comment